Main Page > Page 2 > Page 3
"Sweet, sane, still Nakedness in Nature! --ah if poor, sick, prurient humanity in cities might really know you once more! Is not nakedness then indecent? No, not inherently. It is your thought, your sophistication, your fear, your respectability that is indecent. There come moods when these clothes of ours are not only too irksome to wear, but are themselves indecent. Perhaps indeed he or she to whom the free exhilarating ecstasy of nakedness in Nature has never been eligible (and how many thousands there are!) has not really known what purity is--nor what faith or art or health really is."
- Walt Whitman, Specimen Day
Learn more - continue to next page
Media contact and general info:
World Naked Gardening Day is a family-friendly phenomenon. If your group thinks naked gardening on a global scale is a great idea, contact Mark Storey at
and join in the promotion of this annual event alongside other groups (see next page).
Coordinate events and share ideas with others around the world!
Top three images of Rising Sun Farm on header of this page courtesy of Michael Cooney/The Naturist Society. Smaller inset (oval) image on header by Mark Storey. Image midpage courtesy Mark Storey/The Naturist Society.
Previously, WNGD has taken place on
- Saturday, September 10, 2005, 1st Annual
- Saturday, September 9, 2006, 2nd Annual
- Saturday, May 5, 2007, 3rd Annual (date switched to May for first time, first Saturday)
- Saturday, May 3, 2008, 4th Annual
- Saturday, May 2, 2009, 5th Annual
- Saturday, May 8, 2010, 6th Annual
- Saturday, May 14, 2011, 7th Annual (accidentally set to 2nd Sat instead of first)
- Saturday, May 5, 2012, 8th Annual
- Saturday, May 4, 2013, 9th Annual